Monday, May 30, 2016

Pre-Trip Prep: Packing Up!

Well, my trip is in one week. I needed to buy some new luggage since what I had was really starting to see better days.

I ended up purchasing a 21" Samsonite Spinner from Marshall's. It retails there for $79.99, but it is normally a $150.00 bag.

Anyway - I have posted a packing list online. This is for a week-long trip...

Packing List



The Empty suitcase...


Here's the final result thanks to several tips I've found online. 


A few tips:

  • I packed bottoms on the right side, and tops on the left. For the first couple days of my trip, I will be bouncing between a couple of hotels. This setup will allow me to just open the case on the bed (or the luggage rack) and have easy access to everything. When I settle in Vegas for the last portion of the trip, I will just unpack everything into drawers.
  • Heavier items towards the bottom of the bag helps with stability.
  • You can create more outfits by bringing items that mix and match. I tend to stick with neutral-colored bottoms and bolder tops, and of course we all know black goes with everything!
  • Use nooks and crannies to pack small items like socks. I sometimes forgo packing socks altogether and buy them at a local Target or Walmart. I usually then don't have to worry about bringing them home.
  • I also usually never take many liquid toiletries because of the hassle they are to take through airport security. The hotels usually provide most toiletries or I will most likely buy what I like at Target.
  • I typically use my backpack as my "personal item". In that, I put things like a second pair of shoes, a sweater, my tablet and camera, as well as some snacks to munch on while on the plane. I also pack a book to read in case the stupid plane doesn't have seatback TV or if the wi-fi is wonky.

No comments:

Post a Comment